Tuesday, October 09, 2012

The circle of a day

In the morning this daily quote flashed up on my office desktop as I booted up the comp:


“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan ‘press on’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” – Calvin Coolidge


12 hours later I was preparing to shut it off.
I checked gmail and, as I was about to log off, I found a link on Virat Kohli's phenomenal rise.
I am pasting an extract from the article:

"His work ethic is brilliant, his focus is immense," says Yuvraj Singh. "Since the time he has joined the Indian team, I saw his work ethic and wished and wondered why I didn't have that work ethic when I was his age."


I reckon Yuvraj and Rohit are even more talented than Virat.They always were.
At the end of the day, my working day, Virat is pipping those two at what Calvin Coolidge quoted to me when I started the day.
Good night, folks!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this information.I like it!shopping coupon

Unknown said...

He is now the captain of Indian cricket team. This is the mere result of his hard work and glorious scores that he had made in the past few years. You can also take help from the latest sport news to now about all these things in detail.

Unknown said...

Well I truly enjoyed reading it. This subject offered by you is very helpful for accurate planning. my review here

Unknown said...

The next time Someone said a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this. I mean, I know it was my substitute for read, but I personally thought youd have some thing intriguing to say. All I hear is actually a number of whining about something you could fix if you ever werent too busy in search of attention. Clicking Here

angshu said...

LOL - seems like Mr . Viswanadhan had a brain surgery between his 2 comments between 7th Nov and 13 Dec!!